Thursday, August 9, 2012

injaynesworld it's "All About Leather..."


It’s the three-year anniversary of injaynesworld.    The “leather” anniversary.   Yes.  I did look it up.   By sheer serendipity, this also happens to be my 300th blog post.   I’d hoped to have something smart and witty to say on this occasion, but the best I could come with was “I’m still here.” 

Like leather, I seem to wear well because look – you’re still here, too.   Yes, you.   Some, on the other hand have found me simply wearing and have long since dropped away.   I understand that.  I’ve never tried to please everyone.  

It’s written by those in the know about such things that the third year of a marriage is when a couple realizes the durability of their relationship, hence the symbol of leather with its strength and resiliency.   Having never married, I will just have to take their word for it.  I have, however, formed what I hope will be lasting friendships through this blog, and I continue to marvel at the vastness of talented writers out there who delight, inspire and intimidate the hell out of me on a daily basis.  That you have so warmly welcomed me to your virtual playground has been a wonderful gift for which I am hugely appreciative.  So, thank you.

Like the bull of my star sign, I’m tenacious and have a tough hide, so I’m likely to stick around for a while and I hope you will, too.   It would be no fun without you.      

Oh, and speaking of leather, that Gucci handbag pictured above -- it would make a lovely gift, don't you think? 



blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails